Four people were electrocuted while bathing in a river in Jharkhand today, police said.
The incident took place at Jangipur village of Garwah district after a high-voltage power cable snapped and fell into the river.
The dead have been identified as Chandru Mahto, Jamalu Mian, Mahendra Mehta and Sujan Ansari. Their bodies have been sent for autopsy, police said.
Last year, two sisters died of electric shock in Ranchi after a power cable fell on their house.
Photos: Shraddha Kapoor, Kim Sharma at 'Haseena Parkar' screening
Mumbai to Goa train: First look at the glass-top Vistadome coach
Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa keeps it short and sexy on social media
Photos: Narendra Modi, others at Marshal Arjan Singh's funeral
Photos: Sussanne Khan and Nimrat Kaur spotted at a spa in Juhu