Nagpur: Four sanitation workers of a family died after allegedly inhaling toxic gas while cleaning a septic tank in Nagpur, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place on Tuesday in a private housing society in Isasani area of South-Western part of Nagpur. According to police, the sanitary workers were unaware of the presence of toxic gas and entered the chamber to clean the chocked drain and died due to suffocation.
The victims were identified as Sunil Nekram Walmik, his son Rinki, Sumit Dinesh Walmik and Balu Namdev Masate, they said.
Another worker identified as Pramod Chavan was rushed to a nearby hospital in a serious condition. An FIR has been registered under relevant sections of IPC against one Hemant Anant Deshmukh (40), the president of the housing society, for negligence causing death.
Spotted: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma and other celebs at Mumbai airport
Photos: Salman Khan's 'special friend' Iulia Vantur at a song launch
Photos: Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, other celebs dazzle at event
In Pictures: Sex scandals involving Indian politicians
Photos: Abhishek Bachchan and Farah Khan at Boman Irani's birthday bash