Who impressed and who didn’t at the 2016 Grammy Awards red carpet? Who took home the coveted honours and stole the limelight?
The wait for the biggest night of the music calendar came to an end yesterday and as expected, it had lots of drama and emotions to offer.
As for fashion, this year too saw many dare-to-bare outfits making their way to the red carpet. hitlist picks some of the best and worst looks from the crimson rug:
Taylor Swift pulled off a colour block Atelier Versace number with panache. The Bad Blood singer oozed sexiness in a red bandeau top and hot pink skirt with a slit running all the way to the waist to reveal the matching underwear. The hairdo took the entire look a few notches up
From the colour to the fit and hair, Kelly has her fashion game on point. The Gauri and Nainika gown with a full train has nothing to fault.
The singer was a vision in a powder pink Stella McCartney fishtail gown. We totally dig the stone-encrusted detailing at the back which uplifts the entire outfit.
It only takes little effort to turn around something as conventional as a tuxedo. Take a cue from singer James Bay who added his signature hat to the look and we aren’t complaining.
This Calvin Klein dreamy midnight blue shimmery gown with cut-outs on the side is arresting, to say the least. Keeping the look simple with smoky eyes and a pair of hoops was a great idea. Way to go, Gomez!
When we see an outfit like this, we wonder what she was thinking. This skin-baring mesh number is simply awful. It looks like she can’t move because of all the wires wrapped around her.
Jacqueline Van Bierk
We think Jacqueline mistook the Grammys for Halloween. This vamp-like sheer bodysuit number coupled with red hair and neon pink platforms is an absolute disaster.
One understands the need to get noticed on the red carpet, but turning up in an outfit like this to achieve it is questionable. This pink jumpsuit embellished with Hello Kitty dolls, angel wings and crosses makes us cringe.
If the ill-fitted green mermaid tail gown wasn’t enough, the songstress paired it with a fur stole and fur sandals. Also, the attempt at a vintage hairdo was so uninspiring.
She is known for her wild fashion choices and this one was no exception. The barely-there outfit looked like an extended rib cage and the tulle headgear was unflattering.
1. In her acceptance speech, Swift reportedly made a reference to Kanye West, advising women to ignore those who would try to "take credit for your fame".
2. Justin Bieber won his first Grammy and celebrated the win with a medley performance alongside Skrillex and Diplo. He also brought along his little brother Jaxon on the red carpet and they looked adorable together.
3. Lady Gaga paid tribute to the late David Bowie with a splashy montage of his biggest hits, including Let's Dance and Heroes. The tributes continued with surviving members of the Eagles taking the stage with Jackson Browne to pay their respects to the late Glenn Frey with a rendition of Take it Easy.
4. Gwen Stefani, too, paid a heartwarming special tribute to Blake Shelton.
5. Rihanna cancelled at the last minute. Apparently, she had been put on "vocal rest" by her doctor. Lauryn Hill, too, was a no-show as she claimed that the Grammys had announced her participation without her consent.
1. Taylor Swift won the Grammy for Album of the Year for her blockbuster 1989. She also won awards for Best Pop Vocal Album for 1989 and Best Music Video for her song, Bad Blood.
2. Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk was another big winner, grabbing the prestigious Record of the Year as well as Best Pop Group/Duo Performance.
3. Kendrick Lamar, who went into the awards with 11 nominations, won five, including best rap album Grammy for his critically acclaimed To Pimp A Butterfly.