Adele. Pic/Santa Banta
1. Adele began singing at the age of four.
2. Adele preferred singing than reading; the last book she remembers reading was Roald Dahl's 'Matilda' when she was six years old.
3. Adele graduated from the BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology in May 2006, where she was a classmate of singers Leona Lewis and Jessie J.
4. Many artists have found fame because of YouTube, but Adele’s success stemmed from MySpace, the social media platform which her friend used to post Adele’s song project from class.
5. Adele made Billboard history by becoming the first female singer to top the artist, album and singles list in the same year (2011).
6. Adele holds 3 Guinness World Records. Adele is the first female artist to have two singles and two albums in the UK top five at the same time. Her album '21' broke the record for the most weeks spent at No. 1 in the UK, and she's also the first female solo artist to hold the No. 1 spot in the UK for 18 cumulative weeks.
What a transformation! Adele at the BRIT Awards 2016 and at the BRIT Awards 2008. Pics/AFP
7. In 2012, Adele released 'Skyfall', which she wrote and recorded for the James Bond film of the same name. The song won an Academy Award, a Grammy Award, and a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song.
8. Adele's album '25' became 2015's best-selling album and broke first week sales records in the UK and US. The lead single, 'Hello', became the first song in the US to sell over 1 million digital copies within a week of its release.
9. Time magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world in 2012 and 2016.
10. As of May 2016, Adele has received 104 awards from 211 nominations, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, 10 Grammy Awards, 13 Billboard Music Awards, 8 BRIT Awards and 4 American Music Awards.
For her 27th birthday last year, Adele dressed up as her 'hero' George Michael!
Who is it going to be this time?
Listen in to Adele's top 5 songs here!
1. 'Rolling in the Deep'
2. 'Someone Like You'
5. 'Set Fire To The Rain'