Acne is a common problem in girls. Most of the times the cause of acne is either detected wrong or detected late, and therefore happens a delay in right treatment and proper medication. Girls with severe acne problems seem to get lots of expert advice from their friends, aunts, moms and grandmoms. However, the first step to treat acne is to recognise its causes. Some of the major reasons behind those red painful irritating boils on face are mentioned below:
1. Improper face wash: One of the primary causes of acne is improper face wash. If you do not wash your face properly and with right the face wash or cleanser, then you can be a quick victim of acne. Use good medicated cleansers twice a day, but remember hard cleansers and washing too frequently can make the acne worse and face drier. Always go for a face wash or cleanser that is mild, gentle, and suits your skin type.
2. Daily consumption of dairy products: Dairy products have abundance of hormone IGF 1 (Insulin-like growth factor 1) which is especially found in milk. It can cause inflammation in humans. Milk causes insulin spike in humans that makes the liver produce IGF 1. This can cause excess sebum production causing more clogged pores and thus, the acne. Try to reduce dairy product consumption. Stick to mild dairy intake to prevent the growth of pimples.
3. Excessive use of smartphones: The reason is shocking but true. Smartphones are one of the common causes of breakouts on the face. This is because when the phone is placed on skin while talking to someone, we tend to press bacteria into the pores and ultimately, get pimples. It is good to keep earphones, as it keeps pimples at bay and lend a good glowing skin.
4. Applying body cream on face: This is one of the grave mistakes that most of us do. Some people apply body products on their face just casually or get some more beauty benefits. However, it is better not to use body products on face. Face creams are generally mild and their compositions are fit to be used in body parts also. So, feel free to use face cream on dry patches of body, but do not use a body lotion on face as it can lead to acne. This can happen if the skin is sensitive and the facial lotion used is oil and fragrance-free, and then a sudden jump to a scented and thicker body lotion in the hope to achieve the same hydrating results.
5. Diet issue: Junk food and sweet food items may not always be good for skin. Diet rich in oil and sugar or food with high glycemic index can be a vital cause for acne. Avoid intake of deep-fried food items, packaged food, and food rich in sugar, carbohydrate, and starch for acne-free skin. Eat small meals, and stick to a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
Everyone wants a spotless blemish free glowing skin. Follow the above mentioned means to get one.