New Delhi: Ever wonder why Maggi gets cooked in just 2 minutes? Have you noticed why the packaging of Maggi is so thin? Wonder why it has a longer shelf life than most other edible products?
We put Maggi into a pan with two cups of water, mix the masala and let it cook for around 3 to 2 minutes and it’s ready to eat. No, this is the wrong method of cooking the instant noodles.
By doing this, we actually boil the ingredients in the masala powder, normally with MSG (monosodium glutamate), it will change the molecular structures of the MSG causing it to be toxic for humans.
Maggi noodles have been around for so long as they are quick to cook, cheap to buy and convenient to store. Health being a subject close to our heart we thought of doing a double check and here’s what we found.
What is monosodium glutamate (MSG)
The monosodium glutamate is a amino acid which is used as food additive. It is used to enhance flavor and mainly used in Chinese food, canned vegetables, soups and processed meats.
Experts say that the chemical is harmful if often used, especially for children. It could cause weight gain, brain damage and liver inflammation and other serious health implications.
What is the rule to use it
FDA has not clearly said that MSG is harmful and it should not be used. But the food regulator wants that company must mention the 'amount of MSG' on food packets. Not mentioning the amount of the chemical in particular product is taken as violation of the rule.
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing
Photos: Salman Khan, Daisy Shah spotted at the Mumbai airport
Photos: Rakhi Sawant to play Honeypreet in Ram Rahim biopic
Photos: Arvind Kejriwal asks Kamal Haasan to join politics
Photos: TV actress who played goddesses on the small screen