Silvassa cops have pasted pamphlets in Mumbai's railway stations, as part of their hunt for Nilam Singh's in-laws, who helped her husband strangle her and then drove across the country to Uttar Pradesh dump her body

After failing to trace the three absconding accused in the murder of Nilam Singh, whose body was recovered from an abandoned Toyota Innova in Uttar Pradesh on August 28, an entourage of Silvassa cops has arrived in Mumbai on a manhunt. Their mission: to nab Nilam's in-law s and brother-in-law. Towards this end, they have pasted posters of the three across railway stations in the city, asking for information or leads that could lead to their capture.

Manhunt on: The posters ask citizens to call a number to provide any
information on Savita Singh, Harishankar Singh and Nilesh Singh, who
are wanted for the Silvassa murder of Nilam Singh

In its October 24 edition, MiD DAY had reported (('Man drives across four states to dump wife's body) on the cross-country road trip undertaken by Nilam's husband Priyesh, his parents and elder brother Nilesh, in their Toyota Innova, all the way from Silvassa in Gujarat to Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh, after they strangled her.

Priyesh and his kin drove across four states simply to find a suitable place to dump Nilam's body. Though Priyesh was nabbed in Silvassa on Sunday, his three accomplices are yet to be traced.

Failing to nab the accused at any of the addresses revealed by Priyesh during interrogations, the visiting Silvassa cops have now put up posters in railway stations all across Mumbai. "We have pasted posters, with photos of the three wanted, on all railway stations. If anybody spots them, they should contact us at the numbers provided on the posters," said an officer from the Silvassa police station.

Priyesh, resident of Mulund, co-owns NP Belting Limited at Pimparia, Silvassa with his father. According to investigation reports, in August, Priyesh was residing at the flat with Nilam, their one-and-a-half-year-old son Abhishek, his elder brother Nilesh and his parents. After strangling her to death on August 25, they drove to Thane, where they tried to bribe a doctor into attributing the death to an accident. Being turned away, they continued driving, crossing Maharasthra and Madhya Pradesh to reach Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh. Realising that cops were on their tail, they abandoned the car in Jaunpur, and fled. Priyesh was arrested in Silvassa on September 2, after which he confessed to his crime. This was followed by the arrests of the vehicle's driver and an unnamed accomplice.