You don't have to sweat out your make-up in the heat. Here's how
1. Less is more. Don’t cake on too much make-up as it will end up looking cakey, oily and begin to crease. Less make-up lasts longer.
2. Dab your face with ice before you start your routine. It soothes your skin and minimises pores.
3. Do not use a heavy-duty moisturiser before you start. Instead, use a matifier cream for a matte and soft look. Light, tinted moisturisers are a good bet for summer. You can also mix a little concealer with sunscreen and apply it over your face for both, sun protection and moisturisation.
4. Avoid lip gloss. Try tinted lip balms if you wish to add some sheen. Glosses bleed quickly in the heat.
5. Set your foundation or any other make-up product with translucent powder. Compact will make you skin look grey and amplify the pores.
6. Use powder-based foundation that doesn’t require too much blending and can be applied on your way to work. This will cover the blemishes and keep you skin matte.
7. Liquid lipsticks are your new best buds. They last for about 20 hours, don’t bleed and offer intense colour.
8. Carry oil absorbent tissue or powdered tissues for touch ups. This will offer spot coverage and blot the oil too.
9. Use alkaline free shampoo toto avoid chemical damage. Dry shampoos work wonders on greasy hair and makes hair look voluminous too.
10. Use a waterproof mascara to avoid smudges due to sweating or if your skin is oily.
Information courtesy make-up artist Ojas Rajani
Summer beauty guide: 10 coolest multi-tasking make-up finds (Read more)