For those who are planning to get married or who have friends ready to take the plunge, the guide tells you how to throw the best hen party
For brides-to-be, the hen-night, when they go out to enjoy themselves before they get married is significant. Read on to find ways to make it a memorable affair for the bride and her bridesmaids:
You can take the bride out for her favourite meal
* Most brides tend to be stressed out before the wedding and what better way to unwind than to plan fun hen parties. After all, why should boys have all the fun? A hen night can be as naughty or sweet as you want it to be.
* If you are a bridesmaid, then you may like to surprise your soon-to-be-married pal with a fun night out and groove to Trance or Bollywood numbers. It could also mean going for theme parties at the best nightclubs in town, or for some drinks, dinner and pub-hopping.
* Some brides like to organise parties at home or at a friend's place complete with music, dance, fun foods and naughty games. You can play games like bridal pictionary or have fun awards and even a tarot card reader to tell your fortune. Mimicry sessions are also a hit.
Indulge in movie marathons
* Crystal D'Souza, who runs Funfaktory party planners, says, "We have done Arabian Nights theme party. All the women dress up in Arabian attires (kaftans, harem pants-bikini top) and have a belly dancing competition or get belly dancers. Moroccan theme parties include Moroccan food, lamps, decor, dresses et al. There are neon-themed parties as well (everything and everyone is in neon except the bride), Hawaiian themed party featuring grass skirts, garlands, coconut water and umbrellas, Mardi Gras, Barbie doll and sundown parties."
* Add a bit of spice to your hen-do with an in-house Thai massage, chocolate spa, reflexology, foot massage, tattoo and nail art sessions.
* You can also feature the favourite dishes of the bride and have a pot luck.
* If you have a higher budget, get the bride's favourite singer or dancer to come for a special tete-a-tete.
* Dresses can be customised for the theme party as can be badges, funky cakes, playing cards, shirts, cups, caps, albums, posters or videos.
* You can also head for an all-girl trip to adventurous or fun locations. Plan a trip to Della Adventure. You can also head to Adventure Plus, which offers adventure sports. Sentosa Resort on the Pune-Mumbai Highway or Diamond Water Park in Lohegaon or Krushnai Water Park in Sinhagad are water parks that help you beat the heat and spend a memorable day with pals. You can also drive down to Mahabaleshwar, Lonavla or Matheran.
1. For organising a party at home, you can opt for Partymanao.com. Call 09552524245
2. Pick up party supplies and décor from Party Hunterz, Koregaon Park. Call 26150070
3. To unwind head to the following places:
* Doolally Brewery, Corinthians Club, Undri.
* Kue Bar, The Westin, Koregaon Park.