I came to kill Hindus: Chilling confession of terrorist captured alive in Udhampur

Says the captured gunman, who was nabbed by villagers after terrorists launched an attack on a BSF convoy killing two constables

Udhampur: “It’s fun doing this,” said Usman, a suspected Lashker-e-Taiba militant from Pakistan who was caught alive after the attack on a BSF convoy here yesterday that killed two constables.

Illustration/Uday Mohite
Illustration/Uday Mohite

Usman, who says he hails from Faislabad in Pakistan, claimed before the media that he entered the Jammu region 12 days ago along with a fellow terrorist identified as Momin Khan. Khan was killed in retaliatory fire by BSF. This is the first Pakistani terrorist to be captured alive after Ajmal Qasab, who was nabbed during the dreaded terror attack in Mumbai in 2008.

“I came to kill Hindus,” said Usman, dressed in a dark blue shirt and brown trousers, with a relaxed demeanour. He also alleged that Kashmiris were being killed all the time. “It has been 12 days since I came here. We walked all days in the jungle,” he said as villagers clicked pictures with the prize catch.

“I am from Pakistan and my partner was killed in the firing but I escaped. Had I been killed, it would have been Allah’s doing. There is fun in doing this,” Usman said. Initially, he said that he was in his early 20s but later claimed that he was only 16.

He had been changing his statements. First he identified himself as Kasim and later as Usman and later as Naved. This has been the tactic of banned Lashker group sending youngsters to J&K with the direction that in case they were caught, they should claim to be below 18 years so that they are tried as juveniles.

Three unarmed hostages captured terrorist

Jammu: In a dramatic turn of events yesterday, unarmed villagers overpowered a terrorist, who took them hostage shortly after he and another militant, ambushed a BSF convoy and killed two troopers on the Jammu-Srinagar highway.

The terrorist, identified as Usman alias Qasim Khan, sprinted to the small Chirdi village, some 15 km away and took shelter in a house after flashing his AK-47 rifle. The rattled residents first fed him food when he said he was hungry.

Later, when he sought help to escape, the three men in the house pounced on him, grappled with him and overpowered him just as security forces had thrown a ring around the village.

“After we disarmed him, the militant begged us to let him go,” said one of the villagers who took hold of his AK-47. He also kept asking about the fate of his colleague.

    Leave a Reply