'I can't explain to my wife what is wrong with me'

It’s affecting my married life too and I don’t know how to explain to my wife what is wrong with me. The other day I forgot to call her on time and she grew suspicious. She’s even worried that I might be having an affair when it’s not true. Should I visit a psychiatrist or something so that I can have my mental health evaluated?
— Virat

Illustration/ Amit Bandre

Dear Virat,
First of all what is stopping you from telling the truth to your wife? You are suffering from a medical problem and need help. By evading the subject and not telling her, you are to blame for any doubts that may be created in her mind. So tell her what is ailing you and then seek an appointment with the doctor. You have unnecessarily created the problem, so you only solve it.

Diana will solve it!
Write to Diana at, or fax her on 24150009. You can also post letters to Dear Diana, Mid Day, Peninsula Centre, Dr S S Rao Road, opp Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400012

You May Like



    Leave a Reply