'I can't choose between the two...'

Sep 05, 2014, 06:00 IST | Dear Diana

Dear Diana,
A couple of years ago, I had a friend who I became close to and ended up having feelings for him, but we eventually lost contact. He carried on with his life and I met someone else who I am currently in a relationship with. Recently, I bumped into this friend again and it feels like nothing has changed. He admits that he, too, has feelings for me. What should I do?
— Ira

Illustration/Amit Bandre
Illustration/Amit Bandre 

Dear Ira,
What made you and him not reveal your feelings for each other when you were together? May be you were unsure or shy. Whatever the reason, now you have got an opportunity to be together again. Now that you are sure about your feelings, do not let the opportunity get out of your hands. At the same time, be sure who you want to be with. You will also have to tell your present guy the truth. The faster you tell him the better so that he moves on too. Hopefully he is mature enough to handle it.

Dear Diana,
I’ve recently fallen in love with the woman of my dreams and nothing could be better for me. However, she has this friend, who has expressed his feelings for her. At first, I wasn’t bothered, but it kind of grew inside me. He talks to her rudely and when I ask her about it, she says that’s just how he is. It came to a point when I took her phone and sent him a SMS telling him that I find him inappropriate, after which he got violent. My girlfriend is now upset with me.
— Kumar

Dear Kumar,
You may have found the girl of your dreams, but does she consider you her dream man? This woman can’t be trusted as she is seeing someone else too. If she was interested in you, she would have not have been upset when you berated the other guy. She needs to clear her mind and choose who she wants to be with.

Diana will solve it!
Write to Diana at diana@mid-day.com, or fax her on 24112009. You can also post letters to Dear Diana, Mid Day, Peninsula Centre, Dr S S Rao Road, opp Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400012

Go to top