PrevNext

I don't want to play for Australia again: Hodge

Australia's most explosive batsman in domestic cricket, Brad Hodge, has no desire to restart his international career, even if selectors feel that his good form demands it.

Hodge overcame a hamstring injury sustained on the eve of the Big Bash League to top score in both matches he has played for the Melbourne Renegades; most recently 72 not out against Sydney Sixers.

Renegades captain Andrew McDonald, who shared an unbroken 124-run partnership with Hodge against the Sixers on Monday night, said he considered Hodge to be among the elite limited-overs players in Australia, "but I'm not a selector, so I'll leave it up to them."

Hodge, who turned 37 last week, has not played international cricket since mid-2008, The Age reports.

He has since led the run tally in the one-day competition for the past two seasons and is on track to do the same this season, having scored 312 runs at an average of 52 to lead the league.

Hodge declared he was "no chance" of a recall to either of Australia's limited-overs teams.

"There's two 37-year-olds [Ricky Ponting and Mike Hussey, who is actually 36] doing pretty well now; if I was still there I'd be doing pretty well, I reckon. But I don't want to play for Australia again, no way," he said.

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply