Indo-Pak ODI clashes: Did you know?
- India haven’t beaten Pakistan in a Champions Trophy match yet. They lost to Pakistan by three wickets in the 2004 edition at England and by 54 runs in the 2009 edition in South Africa.
- Conversely, India have never lost to Pakistan in a World Cup match. Starting 1992, the teams have met each other on five occasions and, on each occasion, India have outplayed their Asian counterpart.
Sachin Tendulkar. Pic/ Pradeep Mandhani
- Sachin Tendulkar has been the man of the match in three of the five World Cup clashes – 1992, 2003, 2011.
- The first ever ODI match between India and Pakistan was played in Quetta on October 1, 1978. India won the game by four wickets. Mohinder Amarnath was the man of the match for all-round performance – 51 and 2/38.
Mohinder Amarnath. File Pic
- The highest total by India is 356 for 9 at Vishakapatnam on April 5, 2005 while that by Pakistan is 344 for 8 at Karachi on March 13, 2004.
- The lowest total by India is 79 at Jinnah Stadium, Sialkot on October 13, 1978 and that by Pakistan is 87 at Sharjah on March 22, 1985.
- Sachin Tendulkar has made the most number of appearances in Indo-Pak games – 69.
- Saeed Anwar’s 194 at Chepauk on May 21, 1997 is the highest individual score in Indo-Pak matches. The highest individual score by an Indian is 183 by Virat Kohli at Mirpur on March 18, 2012.
Saeed Anwar. File Pic
- Sourav Ganguly’s 5/16 at Toronto on September 1997 are the best bowling figures by an Indian player. Aaqib Javed’s 7/37 at Sharjah on October 25, 1999 are the are the best bowling figures by a Pakistan player.
Sourav Ganguly and Wasim Akram. File Pic/ Pradeep Mandhani
- Wasim Akram (60) has grabbed the most wickets in Indo-Pak clashes. Among Indians, Anil Kumble and Javagal Srinath jointly hold the record with 54 scalps each.