According to the police, the fire erupted at around 8:15 am following a gas leakage from a CNG cylinder that was kept at a nearby auto spare-parts shop.
The three victims — Mohammed Imran (24), Sushil Kumar (26) and Ahmed Khan (32) sustained 80, 35 and 70 per cent burns respectively. The trio was rushed to K.B. Bhabha Hospital in Kurla.
Senior Inspector Chandrakant Bhosale from BKC police station said, “The victims worked at the scrap material shop. They used wood to light fire and cook food. All of them suffered burn injuries due to the gas leakage from the adjoining spare parts shop.”