The popstar, who died at the age of 50 due to a sedative overdose three months after announcing his comeback, got hooked to drinking to control his insomnia, newspaper reported. Lester, a former actor and godfather to Jackson's three children, said he would smuggle bottles to Jackson's hotel room past the strict Muslim security team.
But Jackson's drinking habit spiralled out of control on the day of his press conference in March 2009 where he was to announced 'This Is It' 50-date residency at London's O2 Arena. "Michael passed out on the hotel bed. His doctor said he'd drunk two-thirds of a bottle of whisky and was paralytic.
He sobered up enough to struggle through the This Is It speech, which he just about got away with," Lester said. Jackson's family is suing promoters AEG over his death at the hands of Conrad Murray, the singer's personal physician at that time.
Ooh La Lana! WWE Diva flaunts sexy curves in these 30 pictures
Photos: Salman Khan returns from Jodhpur to Mumbai
15 'peach' perfect photos of Priyanka Chopra at People's Choice Awards 2017
62 going on 16: These photos of Rekha prove she is 'forever young'
Spotted: Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh, Neha Dhupia in Bandra