The 19-year-old called up her dad at 2am, bringing the kind of news every parent dreads. First she calmly insisted that she was all right, but any relief was short-lived as she went on to tell her devastated rocker dad that she had overdosed on heroin.
“It was horrible, a horrible moment,” he said. Police were called in November to Stephanie’s dorm at her university, Hamilton College, and found her unconscious.
A small amount of heroin was found in her room at the 55,000 dollars-a-year liberal arts institution in Kirkland, New York, the Mirror reported.
She recovered in hospital and later charges against her and companion Ian Grant, 21, were dropped due to a local law that prohibits prosecution of people who have had a drugs overdose.
Mumbai Roundup: 9 incidents that took place this week
Photos: Ajay Devgn, Parineeti, Tabu at 'Golmaal Again' trailer launch
Photos: Dipika Pallikal Karthik oozes oomph in bikinis and sarees
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan's grand birthday bash
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing