Kin of missing Malegaon blast case witness meet Maha CM

Kin of Indore-based Dilip Patidar, key witness in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, who went missing after being questioned by Maharashtra ATS, have urged Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for granting sanction to prosecute officials of the state anti-terror squad.

Patidar's family members, who met Fadnavis here yesterday, also sought an NIA probe into his disappearance.

Dilip's wife Padma submitted a petition to Fadnavis seeking his "permission for granting sanction against the accused ATS officials who are responsible for kidnap, torture and killing of my husband and direct further investigation through NIA".

Addressing a press conference here today, Padma, said, "A few people took away my husband from our residence in Indore at around 10.30 PM on November 10, 2008. My son was six-months-old that time."

"They just said that Dilip was being taken to Khajrana police station in Indore for some inquiry. But when I went to the police station, Dilip could not be found there. Next day, I got a call from Dilip, saying the he was taken to Mumbai by ATS," she said.

Dilip's brother Ramswaroop said they last heard from Dilip on November 17, 2008, when he called up and said he was with ATS in Mumbai.

Ramswaroop alleged that the ATS has either killed him or he has died due to their "torture".

He alleged that the family had got a call from ATS, asking them not to take any legal action.

Replying to a query, Ramswaroop said Dilip was earning his living by doing light-fitting (electrical) work and was not associated with any group or organisation.

The Patidar family hails from Dopada village in Shahpur district of Madhya Pradesh and reside at a rented flat in Indore.

Giving an account of family's efforts to know the whereabouts of Dilip, their lawyer Prashant Maggu said, "The family lodged a police complaint two to three days after the incident. Since no action was taken by the police, they filed a habeas corpus petition in MP High Court. After taking cognisance of the matter into account, the HC formed an inquiry committee. The case was then handed over to the CBI."

"The investigating agency in its probe found that two ATS officials were involved in the crime and offence is made out against them. In its order on July 2012, the high court directed the CBI to get sanction from the Maharashtra government against the two officials to initiated legal action against the duo," he said.

According to Maggu, since the CBI didn't get the required approval to prosecute the officials, Dilip's family met the Chief minister yesterday and sought his intervention.

    Leave a Reply