Kissing is rated as one of the most romantic acts a couple can engage in, reports Fox News.
Two people can exchange a great deal of information when their lips meet; it’s a major mate assessment tool, often making or breaking how far things will go in a sexual situation.
1. Promote sexual access: Males in particular use it as a way to seduce romantic partners.
2. Induce bonding: Making out is a sign of commitment, especially in the unconscious willingness to risk contracting illness or death.
3. Show your genuine desire and love for another.
4. Invite reconciliation, helping lovers to reunite after a fight.
5. Trigger sexual desire with the exchange of testosterone.
6. Spike dopamine in the brain, which is associated with romantic love.
7. Cause sexual excitement, which may increase levels of oxytocin in both men and women.
Spotted: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma and other celebs at Mumbai airport
Photos: Salman Khan's 'special friend' Iulia Vantur at a song launch
Photos: Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, other celebs dazzle at event
In Pictures: Sex scandals involving Indian politicians
Photos: Abhishek Bachchan and Farah Khan at Boman Irani's birthday bash