A Kochi-based woman was overwhelmed when her bag was returned to her by the RPF on December 25. Sangeeta Iyer Sen, who is in Mumbai on vacation, took an hour to get back her bag that she had forgotten in the train while coming from Ahmedabad. Containing valuables, the bag was safely handed over to Iyer Sen by the RPF officers at Mumbai Central.

Sangeeta Iyer Sen is in Mumbai with her daughter to spend the Christmas vacations. Sharing the incident she explained, “My daughter and me had been to Ahmedabad and were traveling to Mumbai to meet one of our relatives. I had a lot of luggage with me and while leaving the train I forgot to carry one of them. It was only after leaving the airport premises I realized that one of my bags was left behind in the train.

Iyer Sen then rushed to the Railway Protection Force (RPF) and narrated the incident to them. On knowing the entire episode the RPF brought in her misplaced baggage and handed it over. “I am overwhelmed that I could get my baggage back. It had valuables that would have been a great loss to me if the officers wouldn't have safely kept it with them.”

An official explained, “The baggage was located by one of the onboard passengers, who brought it in the notice of the RPF officials who then kept it in their office. The bag contained a gold chain worth around Rs 50000, and credit as well as debit cards of various banks.”

Explaining the episode Iyer Sen added, “I had already left the station for my aunt's residence at Sion. Infact, I was already halfway when I released I had forgotten one of my bags in the compartment itself. I then dropped my 5-year-old daughter and aunt, who had come to receive me and then went back to Mumbai Central. As soon as I reached the station I rushed to the train, which still stood for cleaning purpose. When I knocked the train door of the B2 coach, an attendant allowed me to get in and check as the cleaning process in the coach hadn't begun yet. After being unable to locate my bag in the compartment, I went to the RPF officials and lodged a complaint. It was then that the officials as well as I went to check the baggage and one ASI Arun Kumar Sharma called up informing that it had reached their office and was safe.