Madrid: La Liga 2015-2016's top scorer, Uruguayan Luis Suarez of FC Barcelona, won his second Golden Shoe award given to the top scorer in the European football leagues.
Luis Suarez. Pic/AFP
The Uruguayan attacker got 40 goals, four more than Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain and five more than Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), previous winner of this award.
The first time Suarez won the Golden Shoe was two years ago with Liverpool, sharing it then with the Real Madrid striker, both scoring 31 goals.
Brazilian Jonas Goncalves, top scorer of the Primeira Liga with Benfica, finished fourth with 32, just ahead of Poland's Robert Lewandowski (30), who was crowned with the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich, and Swedish Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 'king' of Ligue 1 with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
1. Luis Suarez (Uruguay, Barcelona) 40 goals, 80 points
2. Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina, Napoli) 36, 70
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, Real Madrid) 35, 70
4. Jonas Goncalves (Brazil, Benfica) 32, 64
5. Robert Lewandowski (Poland, Bayern Munich) 30, 60
6. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden, PSG) 38, 57
7. Lionel Messi (Argentina, Barcelona) 26, 52
8. Islam Slimani (Algeria, Sporting Lisbon) 26, 52
9. Harry Kane (England, Tottenham) 25, 50
10. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon, Borussia Dortmund) 25, 50.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport