Kuala Lumpur: A Malaysian court on Tuesday set May 15 for hearing of a case filed by two children of a passenger on board the Malaysia Airlines flight MH-370, which has been missing for over a year.
MH-370 disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014, with 239 people on board. A search for wreckage is underway in the Indian Ocean, but no sign of the plane or its passengers has yet been found.
The case was filed in October 2014 by two sons of a passenger on board flight MH-370 against Malaysia Airlines System (MAS), the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) director-general, the immigration director-general, Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) chief and the government, the Malaysian Star reported.
Arunan Selvaraj, lead counsel for the plaintiffs, said the parties had requested for a new date for a case management as lot of issues needed to be resolved.
Their mother, Ng Pearl Ming, 38, named the parties as defendants on behalf of her sons, aged 14 and 12.
In their statement of claim, the boys said their father, Jee Jing Hang, 41, who was on board the flight bound for Beijing, had entered into an agreement with MAS for safe passage to Beijing when he paid the airfare.
They claimed that MAS had breached the agreement when the plane failed to land safely in Beijing on March 8 last year.
In pictures: Chris Gayle and his multiple records in cricket
Photos: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Esha Gupta at Mumbai airport
Spotted: Nora Fatehi and Swara Bhaskar at a studio in Mumbai
J. Jayalalithaa birth anniversary: Her life in pictures
Photos: 'Badri' Varun Dhawan woos his 'Dulhania' Alia Bhatt