The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said that firefighters rescued the man from his home and extinguished the kitchen blaze.
The fire destroyed the appliance along with the two pairs of underwear and socks that were inside it, and caused smoke damage to the apartment in Weymouth, a town on England’s southwest coast, according to online news reports.
“The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them,” the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport