Versailles (France): Mathieu Valbuena, the victim of a sex tape blackmail attempt over which fellow France international Karim Benzema has been charged, gave evidence before a judge investigating the affair for more than two hours on Friday.
Karim Benzema and Valbuena
Valbuena was seen leaving the court in Versailles, on the outskirts of Paris, in a black Mercedes at around 12:45pm local time (1145 GMT) following a hearing that began around 10:30am.
"He was very calm and answered all questions honestly," Valbuena’s lawyer Didier Domat said outside the court.
The lawyer refused to discuss what had been said during the hearing because of the 'confidentiality of the investigation.'
However, Domat added that Valbuena “had no wish to damage the integrity of the French national team or of French football” and had only acted “within his right as a citizen” in pressing charges.
He was expected to be questioned by judge Nathalie Boutard about a conversation he had with Benzema on October 5 at the France national training centre in Clairefontaine, outside Paris.
The inquiry will seek to determine whether the 27-year-old Real Madrid striker Benzema acted as a friend or a blackmailer during the conversation.
Photos: Salman Khan returns from Jodhpur to Mumbai
Pics: Sidharth Shukla-Rashami Desai's sizzling chemistry at TV show launch
Ooh La Lana! WWE Diva flaunts sexy curves in these 30 pictures
15 'peach' perfect photos of Priyanka Chopra at People's Choice Awards 2017
62 going on 16: These photos of Rekha prove she is 'forever young'