A minor fire broke on the first floor of a three-storied commercial building in South Mumbai on Monday evening.
"No one was hurt in the incident. The fire broke out at around 6.30 PM at Khatau building located at Kala Ghoda area near Colaba," an official from Disaster Control unit of the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) said.
"There were no occupants in the building when the fire broke out. Prima facie a short circuit could be the reason for the blaze. The building is old and needs repairs," he said.
Four fire engines and three water tankers were rushed to the spot.
"Rains, which started at the time of the incident, also helped us in dousing flames quickly. The blaze has been completely put out and nobody has been injured," he added.
Flashback: When bikini babes set a new world record in Australia
Photos: 'Rock On 2' stars Farhan, Shraddha on 'Yaaron Ki Baraat'
Photos: Ajay Devgn launches 'Shivaay' comics at Mumbai Comic Con
Photos: WWE star Sheamus and John Abraham clash in Mumbai
Umesh Yadav's birthday: Indian cricketers and their tales of struggle