Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who is said to have died due to a drug overdose, had multiple bags of heroin in his house.
Philip Seymour Hoffman. Pic/AFP
Police authorities believe that the actor may have died as a result of injecting a lethal mix of heroin laced with fentanyl, which is used in pre-procedures as a pain reliever.
Detectives found at least eight empty bags of heroin mixed with fentanyl stamped with Ace of Spades and Ace of Hearts, inside the actor's Manhattan apartment, reports mirror.co.uk.
The Oscar-winning actor was found dead in his apartment Feb 2, with a syringe still in his arm.