A fire broke out at the Mulund College of Commerce (MMC) in Mulund on Wednesday afternoon at around 12.45pm.
The college’s computer lab was on fire after a short circuit in the air-conditioning machine of the lab. Students were immediately asked to vacate the building and the fire brigade was intimated, after which the blaze was doused.
Luckily, no one was hurt in the incident. A total 20 computers, one air-conditioning machine and some wooden material from the laboratory were destroyed in the fire.
Considering the college building, three fire engines immediately reached the spot, and the fire was doused within 30 minutes