Around 24 schoolchildren belonging to Matunga's Dayanand Vedik Vidyalaya were hospitalised when they fell ill after having midday meals on Tuesday.
The children appearantly started vomitting and complaining of stomach ache after eating the khichdi served at the school at 3 30pm.
School authorities rushed the children to Sion Hospital at approximately 5.30 pm after suffering food poisoning.
When contacted, Sion hospital dean Dr Avinash Supe told mid-day, "It was a case of food poisoning. We kept the patients on intravenous antibiotics and all of them are quite stable."
Matunga Police Station is investigating the matter.
Spotted: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma and other celebs at Mumbai airport
Photos: Salman Khan's 'special friend' Iulia Vantur at a song launch
Photos: Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, other celebs dazzle at event
In Pictures: Sex scandals involving Indian politicians
Photos: Abhishek Bachchan and Farah Khan at Boman Irani's birthday bash