Mumbai: Fire breaks out after gas cylinders burst in Vikhroli building; 3 dead
A woman and two boys lost their lives in a major blaze that occured at Park Site area in Vikhroli West on Saturday afternoon. The fire broke out due to two gas cylinders blasting in a residential chawl on the first floor.
A mattress shop, which was located under the house is said to have caused the fire to spread faster due to the storage of large quantities of cotton. Four fire engines and one ambulance were rushed to the spot. It took four hours to douse the flames.
According to information provided by on duty medical officer at Rajawadi Hospital, a woman and two boys who were rescued were declared dead on arrival.
The fire control received a call at around 2.30 pm following which one fire engine and one tanker were sent to spot.
However after realising the intensity of fire, three more fire engines and two more tankers were sent to spot.