Mumbai: Fire destroys Moon Moon Sen's Juhu flats

The actress was present in the house at the time of the mishap with her daughter Riya Sen, who claims that the fire engine took an hour to reach their house

A massive fire broke out in two adjacent apartments of veteran actress and Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Moon Moon Sen, where she lives with her daughter, actress Riya Sen, in the wee hours of Sunday. The blaze started at around 1.35 am, when they were present in the house.

The fire started from the bedroom of Moon Moon Sen’s apartment on the sixth floor, and three rooms were gutted in the mishap. Pic/PTI
The fire started from the bedroom of Moon Moon Sen’s apartment on the sixth floor, and three rooms were gutted in the mishap. Pic/PTI

The fire department confirmed that both mother and daughter got out of the apartment unhurt. The incident took place in the seven-storey Ruia Park Building, near Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple in Juhu. Riya Sen took to social media platforms to express her outrage about fire officials delaying the dousing process.

“Our buildings on fire! We’ve lost two of our flats! And the fire engine took an hour to arrive! Shame on this country,” she wrote on Twitter. However, refuting the allegations, fire officials claimed that the delay was caused due to lack of space for the fire engine to enter the building premises.

“Cars were parked on both the sides of the building entrance, and we were unable to enter through the gate. We finally managed to enter the building premises by moving our vehicle cautiously. It took us 20 minutes to get our vehicle inside,” said a fire official.

The official further revealed that after receiving the fire call at 1.35 am, the first fire engine was dispatched to the spot within a minute, and they started the dousing operation by 1.52 am. Moon Moon Sen owns two flats on the sixth floor. The fire started from the bedroom of apartment number 62 and three rooms were gutted in the mishap.

It took three water tankers and four fire engines to bring the blaze under control in 20 minutes.Sunil Nesarikar, chief fire officer, said, “We have not confirmed the exact cause of fire yet and are investigating the matter. However, Moon Moon Sen’s husband informed us that there was a fault in the bedroom’s air conditioning system and a short circuit could have triggered the fire. The cooling operation was carried out till 6 am.”

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply