Observing a fast and embarking on a Saativk diet is no more a tiresome and boring affair. Thanks to the vegetarian restaurants in our country that went out of their way to make Saativk diet delicious and innovative. Navratri has started and many are observing a fast during the nine days of the festival. Restaurants in Mumbai have charted out a Navratri special menu to make your 'Vrat ka Khana' or Navratri meal more enticing and interesting. Try any of these restaurants in Mumbai and simply feast over fasting food:
1. Maharaja Bhog: This premium thali restaurant in Mumbai is known for its lip-smacking vegetarian meal. Here, one can indulge in a Navratri special thali that comprises of delicacies like Farali pattice, Rajgira ke Puri, Paneer ki Sabzi, Finger chips and lots more. With an array of vegetables, appetizers and drinks, Navtari special upvas thali at Maharaja Bhog is an absolute feast of sorts.
While: Lower Parel, Inorbit Mall (Malad), Juhu, Hiranandani Gardens (Powai)
2. Rajwada Thal: The Navratri meal at this Mumbai restaurant is a medley of spices and flavours. The dishes are exclusively prepared with vrat special ingredients to meet the demands of those on a fasting spree. With an assortment of vrat special pakodas, puri, gravy dishes, drinks and desserts, the upvas thali at Rajwada thal is a wholesome meal to savour during Navratri. The food is cooked with minimum oil and spices. The thali can be enjoyed during lunch and dinner time.
Where: Floor 1, Urban Plaza, GN Block, Next to Asian Hearts Hospital, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai
3. Pravas: Known for an array of mouth-watering Gujarati delicacies, this Lower Parel-based restaurant has introduced Navratri special Upvas thali from September 15. Drop into Pravas and enjoy an extensive meal comprising of Rajgite Sev Puri, Singara Masala, Kutti Na Dhokla, Rajgira ni Panki, Aloo nu chips walo shaak, Kela nu shaak, and Doodhi Nu Shaak. The eclectic upvas thali here harmonises well with the plush decor and an overall royal ambience. The lunch can be enjoyed anytime between 12:00 pm and 11:00 pm.
Where: 4, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai
4. Golden Star Thali: The ongoing Navratri Rasoi utsav at this Mumbai restaurant will simply let you soak in ecstasy and make your Navratri a memorable one. The delectable spread comprises of a variety of farsans, desserts and traditional Rajasthani and Gujarati vegetables. You will be served as long as you can eat. So, it’s time to forget that food eaten during fasting is bland and relishing a scrumptious thali like this is the trend of the season.
Where: 330, Raja Rammohan Roy Road, Opposite Charni Road Station, Charni Road, Mumbai
5. Soam, Chowpatty: This pure vegetarian restaurant has introduced Navratri special menu to end your fasting woes. The Navratri special menu includes a range of simple yet delicious dishes like Sabudana pattice, Faraali pattice, Faraali Sev Puri, Faraali Dal Dhokli, Rajgira puri, and Kesar Shrikhand.
Where: Ground Floor, Sadguru Sadan, Opposite Babulnath Temple, Chowpatty, Mumbai
6. Rajdhani Thali restaurant: The royal vrat ka thali at this premium vegetarian restaurant comprises of an assortment of vegetables, salads, chutneys, bread, farsans and desserts. Though the upvas items may not look as enticing as the items on the regular thali because they are made with minimum spices and condiments yet definitely taste delicious when consumed.
Where: R City Mall, Ghatkopar (W), Viviana Mall, Majiwada, Thane (W), Phoenix Market City Kurla, and Vashi
Watch video: Ryan School murder: My brother was beaten up to give wrong statements
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr