During Navratri, devotees consume vegeterian foods that are made with limited ingridients. Some popular Navratri special foods include Makhana ke kheer, Sabudana khichdi, Kuttu ke roti, chaach and roasted makhana. However, during Navratri dovotees can experiment with interesting festival food and offbeat burgers are a great option.
In recent years, the American junk food has predominantly occupied Indian kitchens and the desi and vegetarian versions of burgers have become hot favourites. Here are 5 vegetarian burgers you can enjoy in Mumbai during Navratri.
1. Soya bro at Burger Bros: This cute tiny delivery joint at Carter Road is a haven for burger lovers in the city. From their huge spread of burgers, we picked the vegetarian one called Soya bro. The veg burger is fully loaded with tender soya patty, classic slaw and molten American cheddar cheese. Toppings like butter roasted mushrooms, pickled beetroot slices and classic slaw are also available to make this exclusive vegetarian bite a more enticing one.
Where: Carter Road, Bandra West
2. Veggie Royal burger at Rodeo Drive: This American gastropub came out with some fantabulous offers when they opened doors in Mumbai last April. You will be surprised to know that the veggie delights here are as delectable and satiating as their non-vegetarian counterparts. If you have turned temporarily vegetarian, then you cannot skip their Veggie Royal burger. Homemade vegetarian patty is topped with lettuce, tomato, onion and molten cheese and stuffed between tender giant buns to make a fulfilling delicious bite. The burger is huge, yummy, juicy and tempting.
Where: Peninsula Redpine, Near Airport Road Metro Station, Andheri East, Marol, Mumbai
3. Jackfruit Burger at Woodside Inn: The Vegan Pulled Jackfruit Burger at this Mumbai restaurant comes with tempered curry leaves, coconut, fried cashew nuts, and a plum and raw mango slaw. The dish is absolutely vegan with some south Indian influences added onto it for an extra punch. This is a great alternative for vegetarians and an ideal bite to go ahead with during Navratri.
Where: Wodehouse Road, Opposite Regal Cinema, Colaba, Mumbai
Asian-style Sweet Potato and Peanut Burger
4. Asian style sweet potato and peanut burger at Vegan Burger Kitchen: This vegetarian delivery service at Khar offers burgers that will keep you fit. The Asian-style Sweet Potato and Peanut Burger is a healthy delicacy is a must try during Navratri. Here, a sweet potato patty is beautifully paired with creamy soy milk-based Sriracha mayo and Asian slaw. The burger is made from fresh local produce and hence keeps you healthy even after you have more than one. Also, their generous portions and pocket-friendly prices add on to your contentment.
Where: Pali Hill, Bandra West
5. Jalapeno Cheese Delight burger at The Good Food Cafe: Yet another home delivery joint in Mumbai, The Good Food Cafe is a paradise for our vegetarian friends in the city. Do not go by the ambience because their fully loaded burgers will surely make you drool. The Jalapeno Cheese Delight burger is loaded with cheese that melts in your mouth and leaves a tangy peppy after effect of fresh jalapenos.
Where: 3, Nand Prem, Opposite Shiv Sagar, Nehru Road, Vile Parle East, Mumbai
All said and done, burgers are our favourite companions and we can have it in any form, anytime and anywhere. So, this Navratri let's try the American junk food in some of its unusual yet delicious forms.
Watch video: Ryan School murder: My brother was beaten up to give wrong statements
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr