Sushi and beyond: Top 5 must visit Japanese restaurants in Mumbai
If you are a sushi lover and want to travel deep into the Japanese culinary world, then check-in to these Japanese restaurants in Mumbai
Japanese food is strongly associated with one name, and that is sushi. But, Japanese cuisine has got more to it than sushi. In a city like Mumbai, which is dominated by Indian dishes originating from Konkan and Malvan regions; it is difficult to find an authentic Japanese restaurant. If you are a sushi lover and want to travel deep into the Japanese culinary world, then check-in to these restaurants in Mumbai.
1. Pa Pa Ya: Chic decor and contemporary style at this Lower Parel based restaurant will steal your eyes on the first go. On top of it, the restaurants creative plating, prompt service, and fantastically prepared food lead to one-of-its kind fine dining experience. While sushi is the must have at Pa Pa Ya, other items that are worth trying are dim sum, pork ribs and the soft shell crab sliders, and Pork Bao. Asparagus Sushi, Veg Sushi and Sushi Platter are some sushi variants that Pa Pa Ya is known for.
Where: Level 3, Palladium Mall, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai
2. Nom Nom: Japanese food not always make a hole in your pocket. Drop in to Nom Nom if you want to relish authentic Japanese fares amidst a chic classy ambience. Their elaborated menu might leave you a bit confused, so take suggestions from the waiters before placing an order. The lip-smacking Salmon Sushi, Tiger Prawns Robatyaki, California Roll, wasabi prawns at Nom Nom will take you for a culinary journey across the Japanese world.
Where: & 2 ,Ground Floor, Delux Mahal Building, 16th Road, Near Mini Punjab, Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai
3. Hello Guppy: This new Japanese eatery fixed with colourful decor and a quirky ambience is the new buzz of Bandra. From salad to dessert, food at Hello Guppy blends an authentic Japanese flavour in it. Apart from the sushi trail, some other must-haves here are Udon Noodle, Tomato and Scamorza Cheese with Balsamic Teriyaki Sauce, Blueberry crepe, and Tofu and exotic vegetable curry rice.
Where: Unit 4, Ground Floor, Jet Airways, Godrej Building, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai
4. Kofuku: Traditional Japanese dishes served at this hip and happening Bandra eatery will make you savour the flavours of Japan in the heart of Mumbai. The traditional sushi and wasabi along with pork belly, Teppanyaki fried rice, Prawn Tempura will never leave you disappointed.
Where: 6th Floor, Suburbia Mall, Linking Road, Bandra West, Mumbai
5. Fifty Five East: Will you dine in luxury over a Japanese Meal? Then Grand Hyatt’s Fifty Five East is your answer. A lavish decor juxtaposed with finely prepared Japanese meal will satiate your craving to relish the flavours of Japan in the heart of Maharashtra. Salmon Sushi, khao suey, crepes deserve a try.
Where: Grand Hyatt, Off Western Express Highway, Santacruz East, Mumbai