Mumbai food: Why these 7 eateries are a must visit in Vile Parle
Here is a list of seven top restaurants in Vile Parle to drop in for a delicious and sumptuous meal if you happen to be in the area
Vile Parle in the western suburbs of Mumbai is synonymous with small cafes, pav bhaji stalls, sandwich joints, and multi-cuisine restaurants. Vile Parle’s proximity to the domestic airport makes it a much sought after locality to stay and hang out in suburban Mumbai. Vile Parle's long-term connection with the Gujarati community led to the rise of several vegetarian food joints serving delicacies like dhokla, pav bhaji, vada pav, dosa, sandwiches and samosas.
Apart from vegetarian restaurants, Vile Parle is also home to popular seafood restaurants and modern-day cafes. We have listed 10 best places to eat in Vile Parle.
1. Harish Lunch Home: Many may not have heard of this place that serves authentic Mangalorean food in Mumbai. It is the perfect place to relish seafood without burning a hole in your pocket.
What to order: Bombil fry, Prawns in butter garlic sauce, Prawns ghee roast, Mangalorean Fish Curry and Chicken Puli Munchi
Where: 115, SV Road, Irla, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
2. Dhiraj Special Sandwich: You can get the typical taste of ‘Bombay sandwich’ at Dhiraj. The place also serves innovative dosas, frankies and vada pavs. This street food joint is the perfect saviour for those who want to explore classic Mumbai street food at an affordable cost.
What to order: Spring Roll Dosa, Ginnie Dosa, Pizza Dosa, Vada toast sandwich, Cheese grill sandwich, Schezwan cheese grill sandwich, Cheese Vada Pav, Schezwan vada pav
Where: Opposite Mithibai College, Road 1, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
3. Purepur Kolhapur: This budget restaurant specialises in Maharashtrian and Malwani cuisine. The heavenly taste of Kolhapuri dishes at Purepur Kolhapur will definitely bring out the foodie in you. If you are a fish lover and want to explore the wide variety of seafood delicacies Mumbai has in its kitty, then make your way to this affordable eatery at Vile Parle.
What to order: Surmai Fry, Mutton Rassa, Sol Kadhi, Chicken fry masala, fish thali
Where: 1, 2 Aditya Apartment, Parleshwar Road, Parleshwar Mandir, Vile Parle East, Mumbai
4. Anand Vada Pav: The list of Mumbai street food is incomplete without including vada pav in it. Anand Stall offers different types of yummy vada pavs, ranging from the regular one to quirky and exotic ones. It is located opposite Mithibhai College and is always bustling with people, especially the young college goers. The eatery also serves quirky dosas and sandwiches.
What to order: Regular vada pav, Cheese vada pav, Schezwan Mayonnaise Cheese Grill vada pav, Butter vada pav, Gini dosa, Paneer tikka dosa, Junglee grill sandwich, tandoori Veg grill sandwich.
Where: Opposite Mithibai College, Gulmohar Road 1, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
5. Rama Krishna: Ram Krishna specializes in north Indian and south Indian fares. You can even pick some comfort snacks like Sabudana vada and Punjabi samosa from the menu but the pav bhaji is a must try if you visit this joint. This is one of the oldest restaurants in Vile Parle serving delicious vegetarian dishes since generations. In short, Rama Krishna is all about prompt service, fresh and tasty food, prominent location and pocket-friendly menu.
What to order: Pav Bhaji, Poori Bhaji, Medu Vada, chole bhature, Paneer pasanda, Mysore Masala dosa, Dahi missal
Where: 51 A, Tejpal Road, Vile Parle East, opposite Vile Parle station, Mumbai
6. Amar Juice Centre: Amar Juice Centre is one of those street food joints that specialise in beverages, and Chinese, Mexican, Indian, and Italian fares. This is also the perfect place to bang on for your midnight craving. It is known for prompt service, pocket-friendly vegetarian food, late night delivery and value-for-money portion size.
What to order: Black current blossom, Watermelon blossom, Pineapple shake, Badaam pista shake, Falooda, Pav bhaji, Garlic cheese roll, Tawa pulav, Traditional cheese fondue, Barbeque pizza,
Where: 3, RN Cooper Hospital Compound, Gulmohar Road, Vile Parle West, Mumbai
7. Green House: Though Vile Parle is a locality known for vegetarian eateries, non-vegetarian restaurants are also seen in sizeable numbers. Green House is a decent place to sample meaty delights along with alcoholic beverages. This is one of the oldest restaurants in Vile Parle known for its quick service, generous portions, tasty non-vegetarian food and a well-stocked bar.
What to order: Fish Fenugreek, Hara bhara kebabs, Methi gosht, Rawas koliwada, Murgh kolhapuri, Golden fried kings prawn, Fish steak, Chicken hakka noodles
Where: Nehru Road, Vile Parle East, Mumbai
>> ADRM technical: Technical and safety aspects
>> ADRM operations: Smooth running of trains
>> ADRM administration: Faster paperwork
Watch video: Dahisar river touches the danger mark near National Park
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr