"The city police's Crime Branch probing the case will file the chargesheet in a week. There is no need of delaying it. We will make the case very strong," Patil told reporters here today.
The chargesheet will have the details of the survivor's ordeal, witnesses' statements, crucial evidence collected from the spot, DNA analysis reports, phone-call records and identification parade information, among others.
Police claimed they have more than sufficient evidence against the five accused - Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Mohammed Kasim Hafiz Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali, Siraj Rehman Khan and a minor.
"We will file the chargesheet very soon with whatever evidence we have gathered so far. If we come across some more evidence at the later stage, we will file a supplementary chargesheet," a crime branch official said.
The survivor was gangraped by the five on August 22 evening when she had gone to the Shakti Mills compound with a male colleague on an assignment.
Police has recently received a forensic report confirming that DNA samples found on the survivor matched with those of the suspects. Police had also recovered five mobile phones, possessed by the accused at the time of the crime.
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan and Aamir Khan at Mumbai airport
Photos: SRK, wife Gauri, Aishwarya Rai, Shweta Bachchan at Vogue Awards
Photos: Harbhajan Singh-Geeta Basra's TV outing with daughter Hinaya
Photos: Malaika Arora flaunts ripped jeans like a boss!
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Dia Mirza sizzle on the ramp