Dharavi resident Deepak Borse (22) died yesterday, a week after he consumed rat poison mistaking it for tonsil medicine. Borse, who worked as a security guard at a temple at Dadar, had been undergoing treatment for a tonsil problem and was taking medication for the same.
While he was on duty on May 25, Borse consumed rat poison mistaking it for the medicine he had been taking. He was admitted to Sion Hospital. Senior Police Inspector Parshuram Kakad from Shivaji Park police station said, “When the hospital informed us, our officials went there to ask Borse why he had attempted suicide.
Borse, however, said in his statement that he had mistaken the poison for medicine.” Borse passed away at 6 am yesterday. An accidental death case has been registered.
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing
Photos: Salman Khan, Daisy Shah spotted at the Mumbai airport
Photos: Rakhi Sawant to play Honeypreet in Ram Rahim biopic
Photos: Arvind Kejriwal asks Kamal Haasan to join politics
Photos: TV actress who played goddesses on the small screen