'My boyfriend has stopped talking to me...'

Oct 27, 2015, 06:45 IST | Dear Diana

Dear Diana,
My boyfriend and I were at a shopping mall recently. While on the escalator, I missed a step and fell. I was not injured, but it was embarrassing as there were several people looking at me. Instead of coming to my rescue, my guy started chiding me. He told me that if I did not know how to walk in heels, I should refrain from wearing them. We had a major fight after that. I was angry and upset. I told him I did not want to see his face and walked off. It has been three weeks now and there has been no communication between us. I didn't think he would take things so seriously. I tried to call him, but he has been cutting my calls. I now feel I overreacted. It is clear that he is still fuming and does not want to meet me. His silence is frustrating me. What should I do? Should I forget him?
– Pratha

Illustration/Uday Mohite
Illustration/Uday Mohite 

Dear Pratha,
You had your reasons to be angry with him. His behaviour was deplorable at the mall. He did not come to your rescue, but started shouting at you. Things happened at the spur of the moment and your instant reaction was to give him an earful. Now that things have cooled down, you are regretting your outburst. Your guy is giving you the silent treatment as he is still fuming. He was taken aback by your reaction. It is clear that you two are not on the same page. Move on if you feel you were justified about what you did. But if you are unsure and still care for your guy, then you need to work towards a reconciliation. At the same time, if one squabble was bad enough to end the relationship, then this man obviously isn't for you.

Diana will solve it!
Write to Diana at diana@mid-day.com, or fax her on 24112009. You can also post letters to Dear Diana, Mid Day, Peninsula Centre, Dr S S Rao Road, opp Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400012

Go to top