PrevNext

No sign of Malayasian Airlines plane MH370 so far: Australian officials

Melbourne: The second day of an international search for the missing Malaysian airliner concluded without any sightings of debris in the southern Indian Ocean. The operation is due to start again on Saturday with extra vessels joining the search, Australian officials said.

Five aircraft took part in Friday’s search for flight MH370, which vanished on March 8 with 239 people on board. Satellite images have revealed objects possibly related to the plane in waters far south-west of Western Australia.

Bad weather had initially hampered Thursday’s operation, but conditions improved on Friday. Experts have warned that the searchers face extremely treacherous seas and that a recovery operation would be very dangerous.

“We are doing all that we can, devoting all the resources we can and we will not give up until all of the options have been exhausted,” said Warren Truss, who is acting prime minister while Tony Abbott is in Papua New Guinea.

He added, “We can’t be certain that the sightings are in fact debris from the aircraft (but) it is about the only lead that is around at the present time.”

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply