Says NIA, denying reports that considerable evidence had been found in Delhi High Court blast case
THE National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday denied reports that it had found considerable evidence in the Delhi High Court case. Terming the probe into the case as "delicately poised", they appealed for closure of such speculative reports.
Quick action: The bomb squad at Delhi High Court complex after the
blast. file pic
NIA director general SC Sinha termed all such reports as "speculative" at a press statement. He also appealed for "caution" as such media reports are likely to cause "an irreparable damage" to the ongoing investigation.
According to sources, barring the arrest of two class 11 students of Kishtwar, who had reportedly sent the e-mails claiming responsibility for the terror attack, the NIA denied all other reports appearing in the media related to the case.
News reports had also mentioned arrest of a teenager student from Jharkhand's Pakur district from Kolkata for sending two emails, threatening to carry out more attacks, including one on a shopping mall in the Capital city.
According to the reports, the two emails - both in the name of Chotoo of the Indian Mujahideen - were traced to DAV school student's home after New Delhi approached the US for assistance.
However, earlier in the day, Jammu and Kashmir Police and NIA teams arrested two more people from Kishtwar town for their links to an email that claimed terror group Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) had triggered last week's Delhi High Court blast, sources said. An official said details of the case will be shared at an appropriate time.
The police sources said that the two teenagers - Amir Abbas Dev and Hilal Asmin alias Hafiz - were arrested on the basis of disclosure made by two Class XI students of the town taken into custody on Wednesday.