Not announced retirement, says Didier Drogba amid Chelsea links

Los Angeles: Didier Drogba denied reports of his retirement on Wednesday, saying he had not yet taken a decision over his future amid speculation about a possible coaching role with former club Chelsea.

Didier Drogba
Didier Drogba

The Montreal Impact striker said he was still in discussions with the Major League Soccer outfit, who he joined last year.

"Lovely to receive these messages but I have not yet announced my retirement & am still in discussion with @impactmontreal about my future," Drogba wrote on Twitter.

French newspaper L'Equipe reported on Wednesday that the Ivory Coast legend had already informed Montreal of his plans to quit and return to Chelsea.

Drogba's future has been the subject of intense speculation since he was seen seated alongside Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich and Guus Hiddink during the Premier League team's match against Sunderland last month.

However, Montreal are reportedly reluctant to part company with the 37-year-old, who is contracted to the club for the 2016 season.

You May Like



    Leave a Reply