Coimbatore: Facing trouble in many states over the safety of its popular Maggi noodles, Nestle India has courted fresh trouble after a preliminary test by a state agency of a sample of their milk powder allegedly found live larvae in it.
The Drug Administration Department (food safety wing), tested the NAN PRO3 milk powder, bought by a cab driver and the initial report by one of its food analysts found live larvae in the sample.
The report also found it unsafe for consumption as it contained live insects and did not conform to standards, a health department official, on condition of anonymity said.
The driver had claimed that his child had developed skin allergy after consuming the milk and gave the sample for testing.
The official said they are awaiting a comprehensive report from the Government food safety laboratory.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport