After tasting success with cricket, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is entering the education-cum-entertainment space by bringing the Mexico-based global edutainment brand KidZania to the country.
KidZania is being brought in the domestic market by ImagiNation Edutainment India, which is promoted by Khan, with 26 per cent interest, and KidZ Inc of Singapore, which holds the remaining 74 per cent.
"We are planning to open three KidZania centres in the country over the next three years. The first one will open in Mumbai early next year," KidZania India Director and Chief Executive Sanjeev Kumar told PTI here today.
Around Rs 300 crore are being lined up to develop the three KidZania centres, which will combine entertainment with education, he said, adding that the other centres will be in Delhi NCR and Bangalore. About 85 per cent of the funds will be raised by promoters through a combination of equity and debt, while the rest will be through industry partnership.
The Mexico-based KidZania, which is present in seven countries with 10 centres, creates a kid-centric city experience for the 4-14 year olds by combining role play with fun and learning, where kids would get an authentic and powerful development experience. The centres are spread across 75,000 sq ft with over 60 establishments and over 75 role-playing options for kids.
"Our source of revenue will be through tickets, which will be around Rs 700 for a kid, corporate events and CSR activities among others," Kumar added.
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan and Aamir Khan at Mumbai airport
Photos: SRK, wife Gauri, Aishwarya Rai, Shweta Bachchan at Vogue Awards
Photos: Harbhajan Singh-Geeta Basra's TV outing with daughter Hinaya
Photos: Malaika Arora flaunts ripped jeans like a boss!
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Dia Mirza sizzle on the ramp