A restaurant in New York City is selling the most expensive burger in the world with a price tag of 295 dollars.
Le Burger Extravagant is made with Wagyu beef, truffle butter, cave-aged cheddar from the UK, and caviar from China, the New York daily News reported.
Serendipity 3, a Manhattan cafe that played a starring role in the 2001 Hollywood romantic-comedy ‘Serendipity’ and is also home to the 1,000-dollar sundae, has created the treat, a luxurious sandwich filled with a laundry list of premium ingredients that includes:
- Wagyu beef infused with 10-herb white truffle butter
- Salish Alderwood smoked Pacific sea salt
- hand-formed cheddar cheese that’s been cave-aged for 18 months
- shaved black truffles
- fried quail egg
- white truffle-buttered Campagna roll
- blini, creme fraiche
- Kaluga caviar, farm-raised in Quzhou, China
- all speared with a solid gold ‘Fleur de Lis’ toothpick encrusted with diamonds and designed by jeweller Euphoria New York
The burger is available for with 48 hours’ notice at the cafe.
Serendipity 3 is no stranger to record-breaking dishes and most recently created the 69-dollar haute dog made with truffle oil, foie gras and heirloom ketchup.
If you’ve got money to burn, the 1,000-dollar sundae made with Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream, edible gold leaf and exotic candied fruits from Paris all served in a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet is also available with 48 hours’ notice.
The eatery also boasts the most expensive hot dog at 69 dollars.