Disagreements between the management of Sinhgad Springdale School in Narhe and parents of the students who had opposed shifting of the school campus to two locations — Warje and Ambegaon — have finally ended as both parties have arrived at a consensus solution. Though the management will still be shifting the school campus to the new locations, it has given the students the option to choose the campus of their choice.
Since half of the school was supposed to be shifted to Warje and the other half to Ambegaon, fearing they might lose their friends if divisions were made according to the management, students were unwilling to relocate. There are around 12,000 students studying in the school. The decision to split the school campus into halves was taken last March, as the campus was getting overcrowded due to the presence of students of the medical college on the school’s campus. The school, about two years ago, had shifted its campus from Vadgaon to its current location in Narhe.
“Our children were upset about losing their friends, teachers and the locality, which they were used to. We even requested the school to construct a wall between the college and the school as it was getting overcrowded, but did not receive any response. The management wanted to shift at any cost,” a parent and education activist Anil Mahajan said.
According to the school management, about 90 per cent students who reside at Vithalwadi and Khadakwasla have chosen Ambegaon as their campus, while remaining 10 per cent want to shift to Warje. Earlier, the school authorities had told the students that if they wanted to make shift to the campus of their choice, then they should be ready to make compromises.
Those wanting to relocate to the Ambegaon campus would have to change their board from SSC to CBSE, students shifting to Warje campus would no longer be eligible for availing school bus service. Parents, however, said that the school management agreed to provide bus service to the students after it was pressurised by the parents’ association. “We called a meeting with the members of the parents’ association and have now resolved the matter. The students are free to choose the campuses,” a school official said.
Photos: SRK does garba, Nawazuddin takes 'shower' in bathtub
Photos: Soha Ali Khan, Evelyn Sharma, Urvashi Rautela at Mumbai airport
Spotted: Lara Dutta, Mahesh Bhupathi with their daughter in Bandra
Photos: SRK, Tamannaah Bhatia, Varun Dhawan at Mehboob Studio
Birthday special: Sushant Singh Rajput's journey from TV to films