police quarters Blaze leaves family of cop without power

Raju Sonule, a police constable attached to the Pimpri police station, and his family have been living without electricity since May 11, after a short circuit caused a fire at his quarters in Shivajinagar police lines.

The fire brigade reached the spot and doused the blaze, but some furniture and other household items were gutted. Sonule’s family was forced to move out with everything salvageable and has been sleeping and cooking in the open for the past six days since the Public Works Department (PWD) has not yet restored power to Sonule’s quarters.

“After the incident, we moved all our furniture, utensils and other household things outside the house and are waiting for the PWD to fix the electricity problem. This is sixth day and no one from the PWD has turned up to fix the problem,” said Sonule.

He added that after putting in 11 to 12 hours of work at the police station, it is frustrating to return and have nowhere to rest. “I reach home and see everything lying outside the house. At night there is no electricity inside the house so we are forced to sleep outside, which is difficult because of the mosquitoes and other insects,” Sonule said.

The constable said that after the fire broke out, the police did the panchnama and officials of the electricity department also turned up to inspect the switchboard. “I have visited the concerned PWD office to get the issue resolved and they have been telling me that it will done soon. Till date there has been no action,” he said.


Cast into the dark ages: Police Constable Raju Sonule with furniture and other household items that could be saved from the May 11 fire, outside his quarters at the Shivajinagar police lines yesterday

Raju Sonule, a police constable attached to the Pimpri police station, and his family have been living without electricity since May 11, after a short circuit caused a fire at his quarters in Shivajinagar police lines.

The fire brigade reached the spot and doused the blaze, but some furniture and other household items were gutted. Sonule’s family was forced to move out with everything salvageable and has been sleeping and cooking in the open for the past six days since the Public Works Department (PWD) has not yet restored power to Sonule’s quarters.

“After the incident, we moved all our furniture, utensils and other household things outside the house and are waiting for the PWD to fix the electricity problem. This is sixth day and no one from the PWD has turned up to fix the problem,” said Sonule.

He added that after putting in 11 to 12 hours of work at the police station, it is frustrating to return and have nowhere to rest. “I reach home and see everything lying outside the house. At night there is no electricity inside the house so we are forced to sleep outside, which is difficult because of the mosquitoes and other insects,” Sonule said.

The constable said that after the fire broke out, the police did the panchnama and officials of the electricity department also turned up to inspect the switchboard. “I have visited the concerned PWD office to get the issue resolved and they have been telling me that it will done soon. Till date there has been no action,” he said.

When ACP (Administr-ation) Vasant Sonawane was contacted, he called up the officer in-charge and asked him to expedite the repair work as son as possible. “I have spoken to the officer concerned and soon the issue will be resolved,” Sonawane said.  

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply