Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon

Ace director Priyadarshan is all set to make his Bollywood return after a gap of two years.

The 58-year-old veteran opened his mind and spoke about what he intends to do from now on in a chat with IANS.

"I have lined up two projects in Bollywood ... one is with Akshay Kumar and the second one is for Arjun Kapoor," he said.

"Again this year, I have one film in Malayalam and it will be with Mohanlal," added the director, who was in the state capital to announce the launch of Janam TV, the latest Malayalam TV channel that will go on air April 19, in which he is the chairman.

The last film that he did in Bollywood was 'Rangrezz' released in 2013.

Since then, he was often been in the state capital as he was also the chairman of the state-run Kerala Chalachitra Academy, a post that he laid down after his tenure ended last year.

Sharing the reason for staying away from Bollywood for so long, he said: "Yes, then came things in my personal life as my wife Lissy has filed a divorce case. All in all, I was disturbed. Moreover, my stars also were not that favourable."

"Now, I think, there has been a change in that and hence I decided to get back to full-time work," said the ace director.

In a career that began in 1978, he has by now done 88 films in various South Indian languages and also in Bollywood.

"I have now finalised a script for my Mohanlal film which will go on the floors shortly. Then I realised that this can be used for my next Bollywood project with Kumar. So if everything is fine, both these projects would be done side by side," said Priyadarshan.

He said the second project that he has in mind is in its infancy and would be a good one with Kapoor.

"So 2015 is going to be a hectic one for me and I am ready to get back to what I know best and Janam TV will also take a bit of my time," said the veteran director.

You May Like



    Leave a Reply