How to manage your hair like Priyanka Chopra
Is humidity playing havoc with your hair? why fret when messy, wavy hair is now an easy route to looking like a glam star
Pic courtesy/Sonakshi sinha's Instagram
- Apply a thickening spray on wet hair to add some body. Roughly dry your hair.
- Curl thick bunches of hair in different directions using a 1 1/4 inch curling iron. Do not curl the ends for a natural look.
- Run your fingers through for extra curls where needed.
- Finish the look with a texturising volume spray for a messy look.
Hair stylist Yianni Tsapatori, who styled Sinha for this look, suggests, "To get this look in an instant, twist big chunks of your hair when wet and blow dry them to make them look rougher."
Pic courtesy/ khloe Kardashian's Instagram
- If your hair doesn't have a natural wave or curl, you can lightly tong it towards the edges with a curling iron.
- Use dry shampoo or texturising powder to give your hair a lift.
- Pull your hair together and gather it on the top of the head in a high ponytail.
- Take a one-inch section from the ponytail and wrap it around your hair tie to hide the elastic band.
"Hair that is dirty or day old has a better grip. The most exciting part about this style is that there's no stress about wrecking it. Flyaways add to the beauty and the nature of the messy pony. Play with your hair all day, twirl it and have fun.
Finish off with a light mist for shine on the top. Texture spray the ends for a beachy look," advises hairstylist Avani Yashwin.
- Either wash your hair or use a dry shampoo.
- Apply mousse from the roots to the ends on damp hair.
- Blast dry your hair.
- Paddle dry the hair (use a paddle brush) to create volume on the crown.
- Run mousse or a styling cream and brush it through the hair.
- Take medium sections and flat iron the hair.
- Throw your hair over a side and blast dry the roots and the hair (mid lengths and ends) to create movement and separation.
- Use hairspray and roughly part your hair on one side.
"Mumbai's humidity is not very hair-friendly. Rather than fighting with your unruly hair, it's best to play with it. Define the edges of your hair by running serum just on the tips and not all over," says hairstylist Savio John Pereira.
If your hair is straight to slightly wavy
- Dry your hair post applying a heat styling product. Dry it as roughly or 'autorickshaw'-messy as possible
- Pull up half of your hair. Spray a salt spray on one-inch sections.
- Curl those sections with a curling tong in opposite directions for more definition and movement.
- Mess it up. To avoid old-school Barbie ringlets, run your fingers through the hair or brush it out with a wide tooth comb to loosen the curls and get a beachy texture.
- Add a texture product. Finish off your look with a hairspray that gives a tousled effect.
- Create a parting with a tail comb. You can style it straight or with a zig zag shape, depending on your personal preference.
If you have wavy/curly hair
- Apply a leave-in cream or mousse, a sculpting foam or any other leave-in product.
- Scrunch and diffuse dry the ends. Smoothen the top out to get a sleeker finish and wilder ends.
- If your hair is naturally wavy curly, skip the tonging and all steps remain the same as above.
The key to get this look right is to make it look effortless. Salt sprays and sculpting foams are your best bets to go messy glam suggests Avani.
Watch video: Mysterious deaths of starlets!
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr