Jaipur: Two minor children died when they drank suspected poisonous water in Rajsamand district, police said on Wednesday.
Nikhil (8) and his sister Lalita (5) drank water from an earthen pot in their house on Tuesday night and later complained of severe abdomen pain and vomit. They were then taken to a hospital where they died, police said.
"A dead lizard was found in the pot and it is suspected that the water the children drank was poisonous," the police said, adding that the bodies have been handed over to family members.
Photos: Aamir Khan with brother Faisal, ex-wife Reena Dutta at MAMI
Photos: Sonakshi Sinha, Sushant Singh Rajput at Mumbai airport
Spotted: Ajay Devgn and Kajol at an event in Mumbai
Birthday special: 21 cricketers who made their Test debut as teenagers
Pics: Prabhas, Tamannaah Bhatia at 'Baahubali 2' first look launch at MAMI