Looks like this is an all-new ‘power’ play by two Bollywood bigwigs, who have been at loggerheads for a while now. It was back in September 2010, when Power, a film to be produced by Firoz A Nadiadwala and helmed by Rajkumar Santoshi was announced.
With Ajay Devgn walking out of the project and other actors having date issues, the film failed to take off, resulting in the producer incurring heavy financial losses. And three years since then, both Nadiadwala and Santoshi seem to be taking their bitterness to a new level.
On Thursday night, Santoshi marched to the Juhu police station to register an FIR against Nadiadwala for apparently threatening to kill him. A source says, “Nadiadwala had initially come to Santoshi’s house threatening to kill him but found the director’s servant at home instead. Post that, he called up the director to threaten him on the phone about the money he owes him. But this is not the first time that he has done that.”
Insiders say the police have registered Santoshi’s complain under sections 452 and 506 (Part II) of the Indian Penal Code. Senior Police Inspector Arun Bhagat says, “Santoshi came to the police station around 8.30 pm on Thursday and a complaint has been registered. The investigation is on.”
An onlooker from the sets where Santoshi has been shooting his next film adds that the director has been provided with police protection. Both Santoshi and Nadiadwala remained unavailable for comment.