With the film going on the floors this month, its release has been pushed to next year
Shooting for the film, Roy, was supposed to start in March this year but due to Ranbir Kapoor’s unavailability of dates, the film will now go on the floors in April.
Ranbir Kapoor and Jacqueline Fernandes
Says a source, “Shooting for the film was supposed to start in March, but it will only begin by end of this month. The first schedule is will span a period of 15-20 days and will take place in Mumbai. The second schedule will see the unit shoot for two months in South Africa. Due to this delay, the film will not release in September, instead it will release in February next year. This also means that the film will no longer clash with Anushka Sharma’s NH10 and Shahid Kapoor’s Haider.”
Directed by Vikramaditya Singh, the film stars Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandes and Arjun Rampal. Its first look was released in August last year and back then, it was announced that the film would release on June 20 this year. But then its release date was shifted to September, and now comes the news that the film’s release has been pushed ahead yet again.
Another source says that this time around, the delay has not been caused only by Ranbir Kapoor’s date issues; it seems that Arjun Rampal is miffed about the film’s schedule getting delayed. “Arjun was supposed to start working on Roy in January, but with Ranbir finishing Bombay Velvet and working on Jagga Jasoos, the former has had no option but to wait. He now feels that he has wasted many dates waiting for this film shooting to begin. Getting a new set of dates from him has been difficult.”
When contacted, producer Bhushan Kumar didn’t reveal much. He said, “The film is not releasing in September as scheduled earlier, but we haven’t decided upon a new release date yet.”